Tuesday, August 2, 2011

CSA Week 8: Part 2: A plethora of farm fresh veggies

 I've realized that I've become somewhat of a slacker blogger this week considering we are almost at the end of week 9 and I'm still talking about what we ate during week 8.  But sometimes life gets in the way and it's been a really busy past few weeks...like can you honestly believe it's frickin August already!  I'm still trying to figure out where the hell July went and when I'm going to be able to squeeze some of those leisurely beach days in before labor day comes along and then before you know it we will be in the throws of fall, picking apples (nothing like mentally rushing the seasons).  So to put week 8 to bed in order to move onto week 9, here is a quick run down of a few of the gems that we consumed last week.  If anyone would like a recipe feel free to comment and I promise to be back on the recipe kick next week.   

just another way to consume the kale...I ended up mixing some sauteed kale with the 3 grain blend from Trader Joe's and Parmesan cheese to give it almost a risotto like texture. 

The Canal House roasted squash with breadcrumbs
Israeli couscous with grape tomatoes and basil

I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole blog concept because usually halfway through any given meal that I cook, I jump up to photograph whatever dish we are eating before it is completely consumed so all of you have a visual.  Unfortunately  I wasn't fast enough with the fried green tomatoes and this week's batch of zucchini fritters but it was probably a good sign that there wasn't anything left to take a picture of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment