Thursday, March 22, 2012

How can you not love this?

As I was reading the Dining Section in the NY Times yesterday I can across this article that I just had to share:

My Big Italian Dream Party

a) How amazing does Umbria sound?  Who wouldn't want to stay in some big, beautiful farmhouse with your nearest and dearest group of people and I almost fell over when I saw the price for a week - it's actually pretty affordable when you break it down per person.  This is so going on the bucket list.

b)  As you probably already know, I'm somewhat obsessed with all things entertaining and especially theme parties.  I loved everything about this woman's party: the menu and how they divided cooking duties up among everyone, the long table for 30 outside (I have a very big thing for long farm tables), and even the little American twists thrown in.  I'm not really a believer of signs but I as I was reading the article I kept thinking to myself "hello, this is your Italian tapas party in front of you".  So I might not be jumping on a plane to Umbria anytime soon but wherever you are, as long as you are surrounded by great food, fun people and 2 cases of wine is definitely going to work in your favor, you are bound to have a fabulous time.

No comments:

Post a Comment